2.11.07

Reincarnation

Yesterday's post on Recognition prompted further thoughts. I do find that I often meet people I "recognize," which is a nice reminder of interconnectedness. Life is a fantastic mystery, and I make no pretension at understanding that Mystery. It is, in fact, what I love most - that much is unknown. I am comfortable with that Unknowing.

And because I Don't Know, I don't disparage those who believe in Pre-Life, Post-Life, and/or Reincarnation. But I don't relate to the detailed accounts of how I am connected to so-and-so because in a past life I was the French scullery maid working in the house where Young Master X (who is now embodied in the female form in this lifetime) and I had a torrid affair. Such stories have never rung true for me, and I am seemingly a magnet for past-live-connection stories.

What motivates a person to tell me how I am supposedly connected to them through a past life? I don't quibble with their belief relating to their own life, but I find it presumptuous to tell me about my own. Maybe if it EVER rings true, I'll change my tune and maybe even update this post.

In the mean time, don't tell me we were siblings in the Civil War. I probably won't buy it.

No comments: