13.11.07

Bitchy 8th Grade Grrls Would Be Comfortable Here

cash advance

My mom was a substitute teacher in public schools. Thankless job, that. I had more than one fistfight over it, since kids can be so incredibly rude to sub teachers, and you know, I might be a bitch to my mom, but I'll be damned if someone else is rude to her. Harumph.

For all the tribulations of her time as a substitute teacher, my mom says very little, except: "There is nothing so unpleasant as an eighth grade girl."

Setting aside her likely internalized misogyny, I have to say that I agree. When I was an eighth-grade girl, I was horrible. Horrible. So I was amused to find that my blog's readability requires a junior high education. Maybe if I didn't purposefully misspell words or use incorrect grammar or cuss, I'd rise to the level of high school. But fuck that. Junior high it is.

6 comments:

Chrisbookarama said...

Mine is High School apparently.

Anyways, pass this note to Brandon. He is soooooooo cute! And are you going to the dance? giggle giggle

Happy NaBloPoMo! I found you through the Randomizer.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ljc said...

Hi! Your site came up on the NaBloPoMo randomizer for the 7 Weird/Random Things About Me meme. You can read about it on my post at http://www.ljcfyi.com/2007/11/i-joined-nablopomo-and-got-tagged-by.html

Mossie said...

Um, Chris? I think you might have me confused with someone else. I don't know a Brandon ...

But happy day to you anyway!

Chrisbookarama said...

It was joke. You know, all 8th grade usually have a Brandon. But if I have to explain it, I guess it isn't that funny.

But have a happy NaBloPoMo anyway.

Mossie said...

Doh. I am so earnest that even a clever play on the junior high theme was way over my head. blink.

Thanks for bringing light to the humor-impaired! :-)