29.11.05

Rawness

My first carcass-free Thanksgiving! Even when I was a vegetarian, I was always present at a turkey-fest during this time of year. Not in 2005! We had twenty people or so at the raw food potluck we hosted (not at our house, thankfully, but at an empty house we are tending), and the food was magnificent. Lasagne, wild "rice" salads, pesto-stuffed mushrooms, mashed "potatoes" - even gravy! And the desserts! All vegan, so no digestive unpleasantness. All date- and agave-sweetened, so no sugar crash. Chocolat mousse, pumpkin pie, two kinds of apple pie, carrot cake, sweet potato pie . . . mmmmm.

This was, by far, the best Thanksgiving I've ever had. Plus, I didn't feel all bloated and nasty afterward. Cleanup was a breeze! Life is glorious. Although I don't advocate everyone should "go raw," this lifestyle shift has impacted me personally in unexpectedly fantastic ways.

1 comment:

Trista said...

Sounds wonderful. So glad you had a marvelous Thanksgiving. And isn't it fantastic when the holidays don't hijack your lifestyle and health choices?