23.6.07

On the Road

Been on the road since last Wednesday. Well, not on the road, exactly. I spent 12 hours on the road, driving all night (see picture below!), and have been staying in Portland with M. I've been in Oregon in anticipation of my pending move here, to interview and scope my employment scene, to set up housing, and I managed to get to a music festival the first weekend I was here, foregoing the Portland Pride celebrations in lieu of some burner/hippie/magic love in the woods.

This is what I look like at sunrise after a night I saw fall. Witnessing sunset and sunrise without rest is an awesome experience. I took this picture and the one above while driving along the Columbia River Gorge. My excitement builds and bubbles when driving along the river toward the sea, knowing it's taking me to my new home.

Campsite at Emrg N See, a four-day music festival at Miller Ranch, outside Salem. I met some lovely people, hung out with my new housemate-to-be, and was just thrilled to be in the woods.
And here's a shot of my new city, taken from the air tram connecting two hospitals on the west side of the river. Yes, I actually took the tram for the view. And because I knew I probably wouldn't do it after I moved.

No comments: