13.6.07

Element XI 2007: The Emerald City

B and his crew spent six weekends and many hours building the Emerald City tower. Complete with a chill space in the belly of the structure and a ramp to access the stage on top (where RandyCandy, aka The Wizard, performed the first E11 wedding), the big burn structure was impressive indeed. Everyone kept calling it "the effigy" but I always thought an effigy was a dummy representing a person ...













Glinda (aka the lovely CoCo), welcomed us to the Emerald City. I was lucky enough to camp mere feet from the good witch, which undoubtedly cast blessed spells of goodness on my entire experience.














I was also lucky to have artistically inclined friends nearby when I needed help getting ready for the fireshow before the big burn. I was the throat chakra (see the cool choker I made?!) and if you can imagine a blue wig added to the mix, you've got the image of my full costume).


The Temple Burn

I've already posted pictures of building the temple; here's a couple great shots Chris C got of the temple burn morning. Yes, I didn't wash my face after the fireshow. I was a blue-faced grrl alllllll night long. And well into the next day, actually. If my smile seems a little off-kilter, it's probably because I smiled for the sake of the camera, but was undergoing an incredible transformation as a cathartic release rattled my skeleton and shook the bugs loose. Release!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole experience looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics of you girl!
- J in Boston