9.4.06

Catching Up


The new decade is already moving too quickly. These last weeks have included a string of very good academic and professional news, an excess of partying in celebration of that good news and my birthday, moving out of my house, thinking about trying to pull my nose above the quickly rising tide of schoolwork and work-work (and not quite doing it yet), negotiating how to restructure an evolving seven-year poly relationship, telling my parents I'm amicably divorcing that same partner this summer, and thoroughly enjoying a new interaction with someone I've had my eye on for awhile.

My festival week was fabulous, culminating in a celebration with about twenty friends at Ouida Lounge. One of my favorite things about Ouida's - besides the blue sky and clouds painting on the ceiling - is the hookah rentals. Oh yeah. Nothin' keeps me from smoking cigarettes like puffing on some apple-flavored tobacco.




And of course, here's the requisite daffodil, my birthday flower. Something about daffodils makes me glad to be alive. And something about snow on daffodils (which we got a few days later), tells me I'm home. Springtime in the Wasatch.


It's good to have left my twenties behind. I'm so over them.

2 comments:

Trista said...

we need to catch up ourselves...

I would love to do lunch or whatever you can squeeze in.

I also want you to see something I posted today.

I didn't post it on Accident.

I posted it on trialsoftrista.blogspot

I want you to know before "other" people know and tell you...

Anonymous said...

I like these pictures. MMM... yummy, nieve women!