6.2.06

Puritanical Policing on Public Transport

These signs don't appear on all the buses I ride, but in certain neighborhoods they seem to appear more than others. Coincidence? Perhaps. Or maybe it's the bus drivers who determine whether their vehicle is a zone of language cleanliness.

In any case, it sure makes me laugh. And I always feel compelled to use the word "fuck" and "goddammit" and "shithead" and "asswipe" and "piss monger" whenever I'm talking on my phone while riding a bus with this sticker. Or even when not on my phone. Just saying those words randomly, to see who notices and who turns up the volume on their iPods.

I say it serves the bastards right, hearing my nasty-ass mouth spewing vile utterances, as I am reminded that swearing is socially unacceptable. Who the hell wants to be socially acceptable? Sure as fuck not me.

No comments: