10.10.05

Pilgrimage


As I was walking up to this particular fin, I felt like a pilgrim approaching a huge altar. It was a pivotal trip in many ways. Both M and I had a lot to think about and it was fantastic to be away from the city and in a place where we could stretch and breathe and think . . . and not necessarily talk if we didn't want to.

However.

(Isn't there always a however?)

These terrifically rude climbers from Colorado camped next to us, blaring music, drinking copious amounts of beer, and making huge amounts of noise. Just what one wants while escaping the white and not-so-white noise that accompanies our usual daily lives. Quite unpleasant.

But whatever. On the aggregate, we had a good trip. It's hard to be back to the grind; I still feel like I'm in the desert.

No comments: