7.4.08

Unusual Reference

This is a once-in-a-blog's-lifetime-experience. In case you aren't already sitting down, you might want to do so now.

I'm going to mention The Bible.

Shocking, I realize. Not along my general lines of gleeful low-brow humor.

But see, I read this post by Derick about the number of times that homosexuality is mentioned in various versions of the Christian Bible, compared to how many times the concept of peace is mentioned, and of course I had to link it up here.

You can stand up now. The shocking event has passed. But seriously, go check it out. It gave even a heathen like me a moment of pause.

.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amazing.

And I have to agree with what Derick infers from this fact.

I wonder, did Jesus ever mention homosexuality? At all? I somehow doubt it. Because why make a problem out of a nonproblem?

djinn said...

Plus, the mention are pretty ambiguous--for example, everyone's favorite Bible book, Leviticus (the stone your kids and don't mix fibers book, rock on!) In Hebrew says something along the lines of "men, don't lay down together in the bed of a woman." Scarey, us women.

So, it's even more ambiguous than Derick states.

Zilla, Jesus never mentioned homosexuality. Paul, however, was again' it, along with pretty much every other earthly pleasure... boooo. He was big on slavery, though. Go Paul. Your moral code totally rocks1