25.12.07

Is That Snow?!

Of all the things I may or may not miss about the place I used to live, it is quite safe to say that I do not miss the snow. I'm not talking about the easy access to snowy mountainous locales for sledding or snowshoeing or winter hiking. I'm talking about snow-in-the-city-in-my-daily-life. I don't miss that.

I am thrilled to live in a place where "Oh my god, is that snow?!" is a joyful and novel thing to hear.

Seeing big fat flakes falling from a precipitous sky on December 25 brought a smile to this face today. So long as the snow continues to fall on Mount Hood, and leave us with non-freezing rain, Mother Nature and I will continue on with our current stellar record.

Feliz Navidad!

1 comment:

Lori said...

It may not have been an actual blizzard, but for this so cal girl it was definitely blizzardish when we trekked to church on Christmas Eve. It takes us about 20 minutes going the speed limit so you can imagine the joy of driving 15 miles an hour.