23.7.07

Verging . . .

. . . on tears. Rather freaked out. Landed in Portland a few hours ago; will take the bar exam tomorrow and Wednesday. Someone told me today I should consider myself lucky because the California bar is a day longer than Oregon's. Um, okay. Presto. I consider myself lucky. (!)

I've been really grateful for the friendly voices on the other end of the phone line.

Thanks to mama for believing in me. Thanks to sistah L for her support. Thanks to G for taking me to New Seasons so I can be stocked on good water, fruit, oatmeal, almond milk, and Stumptown coffee for the morning. Greasy eggs and bacon in the hotel restaurant did not appeal.

Thanks to B for her reassuring roommate loves and advice on how to handle my stress through physical action like the cross-crawl, eye exercises, and muscle movements. Thanks to J in Boston for being unfailing in his ability to make me feel better. I knew I could count on his pep talk!

And especially thanks to T for being the person she is -- calm and inspiring and beautiful and receptive and perceptive and open and generous. When I see/hear/think about her I find myself blissed out and buzzing and breathless.

Breathless, yes. Even as I try to remember to breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfolding. Your life is unfolding as we speak. At this point it's out of your hands. All you have to do is breathe your way through it and what will come will come. You will emerge transcendent and glorious no matter what you had planned beforehand.

It's going to be ok.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Mossie said...

Not the T mentioned, no, but a goddess in her own right.

I'm gonna miss you. And I'm looking forward to seeing you Thursday. :-)